Monday, August 13, 2012

Rockin' Ranch Chicken

So it's been awhile since my last post (it's been a busy, but fun summer). I'm sorry for  being gone for so long but, now I'm back with your soon to be favorite fall/winter dinner. I can't take full credit for this recipe, but I can say that I definitely made it fully gluten free! My neighbor was telling me about this recipe that she made for dinner the other night and told me is was amazing. So amazing, there wasn't even left overs for tomorrows lunch. Its super easy and only takes a few ingredients and a crock pot(what an amazing invention)to make. Alrighty so let get down to the  list of things you will need:

1. A Crockpot
2. 4 or 5 Boneless Skinless chicken breasts
3. 1 whole red(looks more purple to me) onion(cut into pieces)
4. 5 potatoes (any kind you like, but we chose russet since they make great smashed potatoes)( peel or not to peel doesn't matter just cut in 1/2s then 1/3s)
5. Garlic( Again any kind you want to use is fine. I used 4-5 cloves of a bud of garlic and pressed it through the garlic press thingy)
6. 1 cup or so of water( on the heavier side if you would like some extra dipping sauce — my hunny says this is a must)
7. And I saved the best for last the Ranch Dressing( I used hidden Valley Ranch Homestyle(never had a reaction and company says its GF. But you can really use any kind you would like — let me know if you found any great GF ones) about half a regular sized bottle is what I used, but based on preference you can go as little or as much as you would like.


Now for the easy part… you throw it all in the crock pot (minus the ranch dressing) and cook on low for 8 hours. An hour before its done add the dressing.  When its finished I took the potatoes and onions out and made smashed potatoes as a side(a little butter & milk in the mixer or by hand), or you could just serve the potato pieces as is, either way its delicious. Lastly add some salt to the potatoes and chicken if you would like.


This meal was so easy and the best part was that it is entirely Gluten Free! Not one thing left over for lunch, thats for sure.  My family now claims this as the best dinner ever. Lets see if I can change their mind the next meal I cook up.  Hope you all are enjoying your summer!!

Sparkle Sparkle
&
Don't Forget To Shine
XX
-B                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment