Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mixin' it up



So recently, my lil sis (she also has celiac disease) has started really exploring the whole world of gluten free cooking and baking. She has really motivated me to start trying some new options. I haven't done much since I was diagnosed and have kept it very simple with my eating habits. So since things are slowing down on the home front, I think I might take a stab at it! To start off on my own baking and cooking exploration, I decided to start with the basics. First up different mixtures of flours to replace the glutenous flours of my past. Here are a few I recently found online. Try them out and let me know which you liked best or even if you found the holy grail, ALL PURPOSE MIXTURE, that can be used for everything and has the same taste and texture of regular flour!

Sparkle Sparkle
           &
Don't Forget To Shine

XX

-B

P.S. The beautiful illustration is from - Deliciously G-Free By Elisabeth Hasselbeck





3 c brown rice flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
3 c corn starch

2 c soy flour
, sorghum flour or garfava flour
1 c masa harina






2 c rice flour
2/3 c potato starch
1/3 c tapioca flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum





2 1/4 cups superfine rice flour
1/4 c potato starch
2/3 c tapioca flour
3/4 c sweet rice flour
1/3 c cornstarch
2 teaspoons xanthan gum





1 ½ c sorghum flour
1 ½ c potato starch or cornstarch
1 c tapioca flour
½ c corn flour or almond flour or bean flour or chestnut 



1 c rice flour
1/2-3/4 c potato starch
¼ c tapioca starch/flour
or

3 c garfava bean flour
2 c potato starch
2 c cornstarch
1 c tapioca flour
1 c sorghum flour
or

2 c rice flour
2/3 c potato starch
1/3 c tapioca starch/flour

or

2/3 c garfava bean flour
1/3 c sorghum flour
1 c cornstarch
1 c tapioca starch/flour
or
1 c rice flour
1 c cornstarch
1 c tapioca starch/flour
1 Tbsp. potato flour




No comments:

Post a Comment